By Barbara Loe Fisher
A few of the more serious vaccine reaction symptoms are:
- Convulsion or seizure symptoms include eyes fluttering and rolling back in the head; twitching, trembling, jerking, shaking or sudden rigidity of one or more parts of the body.53 54 55 56
- High Fever between 103 and 105 degrees F. or more.48 49
- High Pitched Screaming, also known as the encephalitic cry, is described as a shrill scream, shriek or wail that goes on for hours. Mothers often say they have never heard this type of crying before. Sometimes babies arch their backs while screaming, which can be a sign of brain inflammation.50
- Collapse/Shock. The child may be pale, have bluish lips and suddenly go limp and appear to be unconscious.51 52
- Excessive Sleepiness is when the child sleeps deeply without moving for hours after vaccination and does not respond to noise, touch or light and cannot be easily awakened to eat.57 58 59
- Brain Inflammation, also called encephalitis or acute encephalopathy,has been recognized as a very serious complication of vaccination since the first vaccine for smallpox. Symptoms can include convulsions, high-pitched screaming, collapse, and hours of unconsciousness.60 61 62 63 64 65 66
- Encephalopathy or chronic brain dysfunction can include physical and mental regression, dramatic personality and behavior changes, loss of muscle control, speech and other abilities, or the child may be unable to continue to meet developmental milestones.67 68 69 70 71
- You can find well-referenced information about vaccines and diseases, including vaccine manufacturer product inserts, and a brochure that lists 8 questions you should ask yourself before your child is vaccinated;
- You can review vaccine reaction reports made to the federal vaccine adverse events reporting system.
- You can read testimonials on the Cry for Vaccine Freedom Wall by Americans describing how they are being persecuted when they try to make informed, voluntary decisions about vaccination for themselves and their children.
- You can signup for the free online NVIC Advocacy Portal and work to secure informed consent protections in your state’s vaccine laws.